Taking the plunge

The place to talk about Bourgeois acoustic guitars
Steveomatic

Taking the plunge

Postby Steveomatic » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Hello,

Glad to find this forum! So I am purchasing my first Bourgeois tomorrow. She is a 1998 OMC model. From my research, Bourgeois closed down in 1999 for one year until Dana partnered with Pantheon in 2000. So my question is was there a decline in quality or craftsmanship in 1998? I am also curious to hear any opinions on the quality and craftsmanship between recent years builds and back in the 90's when mine (soon to be mine) was built? Were bolt on necks used back in the 90's too?

Thanks!

Here are some pics:

Ryan at Bourgeois

Re: Taking the plunge

Postby Ryan at Bourgeois » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:11 am

Beautiful Guitar! We do not believe there was any decline in quality between the two shops, but I'll leave the final word on that to less biased opinions than mine! The bolt-on neck design was present in 1998.

Thanks for choosing Bourgeois!

Ryan

Yarbrough

Re: Taking the plunge

Postby Yarbrough » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:38 pm

I'm back on the forum after a long absence due to stupidly losing my password. My first Bourgeois was a 1998 Ricky Skaggs model. I eventually let it go in favor of an Aged Tone Madagascar D. But in a perfect world I would have kept it. It was a magnificent guitar. I'm sure yours is too. I have four of Dana's instruments and am planning to order a fifth from The Music Emporium. They're tops, as far as I'm concerned.

Return to “Bourgeois Guitars”