New Custom Order Fully Torified Bourgeois Vintage D Braz

The place to talk about Bourgeois acoustic guitars
drbluegrass

New Custom Order Fully Torified Bourgeois Vintage D Braz

Postby drbluegrass » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:49 pm

I just went to the seminar on tuning tops that Dana Bourgeois and Morgan Music put on. Tuning tops is far more complex than I realized. It was fascinating and Dana is such a pro. So much so that I decided to custom order a fully torified, Bourgeois Vintage D Braz. I had just sold my beloved Altman A D1 with 70 y/o quilted mahogany back and sides. The neck was just too big for my smallish hands. I had owned a Bourgeois Vintage D (non-torified) Braz about 3 year ago and regretted selling it ever since. I know Brazilian rosewood is becoming more scarce all the time and will soon become unavailable. Also, it is well known old growth Brazilian rosewood is one of the finest, if not the finest, tonewood money can buy.

Sooooooo, I thought since the window of opportunity to own a great sounding Braz guitar is getting smaller and smaller, I'd better pull the trigger now. I dood it!! I jumped on the opportunity and stomped it's guts out. Um, the opportunity, not the guitar.

Another really cool thing...the red spruce (Adi) top he used to demonstrate top tuning with is going to be the top for my guitar. He tuned two tops and picked the best sounding of the two. But they both sounded really good. I'm so pumped. But I have to be patient for 3 months. The store even gave me a nice loaner guitar to get me by until my "baby" is born. Did I say I'm pumped? Thank you Dana and staff for my future "baby". Can't wait!

George3rd

Re: New Custom Order Fully Torified Bourgeois Vintage D Braz

Postby George3rd » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:13 am

Congratulations! There is nothing better than receiving a Bourgeois, except maybe receiving another one! I just ordered an Aged Tone D with large soundhole and sunburst top over Rosewood. The end of February will be here sooner than you think...

drbluegrass

Postby drbluegrass » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:44 pm

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words. Man, your guitar is going to be a sweetie! We'll have to compare notes when we get our guitars. I might get a mahogany AT dread after receiving my fully torified Vintage D Braz. I'll guarantee your will be killer good.

TC52

Postby TC52 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:30 am

So drbluegrass,
Did you receive your new Vintage D Brazilian?
How about a little review and a few photos?
All the best!
TC

Return to “Bourgeois Guitars”