Pyramid bridge

The place to talk about Bourgeois acoustic guitars
yiwork

Pyramid bridge

Postby yiwork » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:45 pm

I have a 2004 vintage om that I bought used. All the om's that I have seen have the belly bridge. Mine has a pyramid bridge. Does any one know if this was the standard bidge for vintage om's back in 2004 and if so why did bourgeois switch to the belly bridge? I did email bourgeois with the serial number and they sent me the specs and it states rectangular pyramid bridge. Just wondering if there is any pros or cons. I am really impressed with my bourgeois. I have always been a martin guy but now i am thinking I might have to add another bourgeois to my collection . The gas never ends.

George3rd

Re: Pyramid bridge

Postby George3rd » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 am

No idea about standard, but my guess is it was ordered with one. My experience with Belly vs. Pyramid bridge does not indicate any difference in tonal quality nor playability.

Sounds like you are already hooked on this brand? Hard not to want more of these, my second one is being built as we speak...

Welcome to the Forum!

yiwork

Postby yiwork » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Thank you George3rd for the response. I'm a fairly new player but have few martins already. I came across this one at a local music store while i was trying out a om-28 and couldn't leave with out it. I haven't seen but just a few oms with the pyramid bridge so it got me wondering why.

George3rd

Postby George3rd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:47 am

I purchased a Larrivee SD-60 that had a pyramid bridge and I liked the appearance, but it did not change the way the guitar played or sounded. I think it is a "vintage" feature that some folks just like. You are correct, you do not see many guitars with them... Now I have found Bourgeois, there won't likely be any more Martins or Larrivees....

BernardRos

Postby BernardRos » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:26 pm

I always assumed it did make the guitar sound different. So interesting to find out it's more or less an aesthetic thing.

yiwork

Postby yiwork » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:29 pm

After digging around a bit it looks like the pyramid bridge is standard on the soloist models and an option on some other models. I like the looks of the bridge on the vintage om and I believe the previous owner was a finger style player. There is not a single pick mark any where and its a 2004 model.

Return to “Bourgeois Guitars”