Madagascar versus Brazilian

We are just getting started: What would you like to see on the Bourgeois Forum?
smores

Madagascar versus Brazilian

Postby smores » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:59 am

how similar are they?

BourgeoisFan

Re: Madagascar versus Brazilian

Postby BourgeoisFan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:32 am

SMores,
Tough question to answer. I compared two dreads the other day, one Madi/German and the other Braz/Adi and though they were both wonderful, the Madi/German was better sounding to my ear (and it had old strings on it). So it varies. Brazilian seems to have the allure of being the "best" sounding. Different guitars will vary, of course. Other thoughts?
And given that this category is about starting up this site and what you'd like to see here, I take it you would like to see more about Braz and Madi. I should have some pictures of Brazilian and Bourgeois to post soon...

smores

Postby smores » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:03 am

Pictures would be great to see

BourgeoisFan

Postby BourgeoisFan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Smores,
Go to the thread I started on 00-150 for the pics and my initial review...

george lange

Postby george lange » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:23 pm

i like the Brazilian wood better definitely .Madagascar is too chimey but I admit the woods look quite nice

RobertV6

Postby RobertV6 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:29 pm

I cannot speak to Brazilian....ive never had the pleasure to play one of that build. I did however just today, receive a Bourgeois OM, Madi back and sides with a red spruce top. I am ....elated to say the least. It has a wonderful tone. Its a lefty, mint 2012 DB sig package. After only playing it for a couple of hours this evening, I'm convinced to go ahead a sell a couple of my others. Hmmmm, well....lets not be hasty....maybe the Mrs will forget what i said about the latter part....
;)

Return to “Startup Suggestions”