Guitar Guru - Do vintage guitars live up to their reputation?

This is the place to talk about the materials that make up Bourgeois (and other) guitars.
Ryan at Bourgeois

Guitar Guru - Do vintage guitars live up to their reputation?

Postby Ryan at Bourgeois » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

Fred asked, Dana responded, and Acoustic Guitar printed it! Check out the most recent Guitar Guru article with a question pulled right from this forum!

http://bourgeoisguitars.net/our-news/gu ... e-guitars/

We'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the subject, it's a age-old debate! (pun intended)

Ryan Fitzsimmons
Bourgeois Guitars

ffinke

Re: Guitar Guru - Do vintage guitars live up to their reputation?

Postby ffinke » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:45 pm

Thank you Ryan AND Dana. That clears up a lot of the mystique and I really liked the "buyer beware" aspect of Dana's reply. I know a lot of people (with a lot of money) would rush to buy anything built in the 30s/early 40s and end up with (potentially) a disappointment. But that one gem...

Thanks again.

f

ffinke

Postby ffinke » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:32 pm

I'm really sorry to see that Dana has dropped his column in AG Mag. I'm sure the new person, Mamie Minch, will do a terrific job but I always appreciated Dana's honesty and expertise. Many thanks Dana.

SugarmillMan

Postby SugarmillMan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:14 pm

I will also miss reading Dana's column. It was usually one of the very first things I used to look for with each new AG mag issue.
The best to you and staff, Dana. I will miss reading your wisdom but look forward to owning a Slope D or a BK Slope in 2017.

Return to “Wood and Wire”