Guitar Guru - Should I put a pickup on my high-end instrument?

This is the place to talk about the materials that make up Bourgeois (and other) guitars.
Ryan at Bourgeois

Guitar Guru - Should I put a pickup on my high-end instrument?

Postby Ryan at Bourgeois » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:55 am

Hi Everyone,

Here is Dana's most recent Guitar Guru article, giving his perspective on one of the most common questions about pickups you'll find.

http://bourgeoisguitars.net/our-news/guitar-guru-pickups/

What do you think?

As always, if you have a question you'd like Dana to address, please send it to ryan@bourgeoisguitars.com

Thanks!

Ryan Fitzsimmons
Bourgeois Guitars

Bourgeois Nut

Re: Guitar Guru - Should I put a pickup on my high-end instrument?

Postby Bourgeois Nut » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Interesting article. I agree with what Dana said. I have a K&K mini in my guitar and I like it.

Ricey

Postby Ricey » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:42 pm

I put one in my first Bourgeois guitar, a mahogany and Adirondack OM. It was professionally done, well hidden and didn't effect the playability at all. And it was convenient. But it always bothered me, a lot, that I had altered such a fine instrument. I would never do it again. Maybe on a beater. I no longer have that guitar, but the prized Bourgeois guitars I do own are without pickup!

billguitar7

Postby billguitar7 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:35 pm

I had the K&K trinity installed in my JOMC. I can't tell it affected the acoustic sound in any way but plugged is awesome.

Kidsmoke

Postby Kidsmoke » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:01 am

I own only 2 acoustics, and my conclusion was exactly as DB recommends. My DB build will never have physical change made to it (but for upgrading to waverly's, I think that's allowed) I've got a Larrivee with a Fishman Eclipse on board for all "out of the house" guitar events, be they backyard pickup events or open mics or gigs. It's got it's dents and scratches. Sound nice, and with that pickup, a qualified soundman can pretty much get what he wants from it. At home, it's all DB.
'95 Cherokee Dread

Return to “Wood and Wire”